My brain, my body and I
About two or three months ago I’ve started this dialogue between me, my brain, and my body. The dialogue was inspired by the many comments the body gets on my social media outlets.
MISTY’S BODY: Don’t you mean to say compliments?
ME: No. If you were a brain, you’d know that some of them weren’t compliments.
MISTY’S BODY: If I was a brain, I wouldn’t get compliments.
Well, as you can imagine, the brain got mad after this and decided to talk for itself. And I’m happy we started this dialogue because I really can’t be me without one or the other.
All our previous conversations can be seen on my Instagram and Tumblr, and soon there will be a book of them.
Here’s our latest conversation. Yesterday I asked my followers on IG to let me know if they have a movie or book line that they use in everyday conversation, and if I like it I’ll write a little dialogue around it. But instead of choosing one answer I decided to try something new and write a little something using all the comments, the ones pertaining to my request and the ones that, as usual, pertain to the body. (MISTY’S BODY shrugs noncommittally).
These are the comments:
- Nice muffin top
- Love the top! 😂😍
- My pic of the day!
- One gorgeous intelligent young lady 😚
- Sexy girl
- Play Misty for Me
- Tu es belle
- From “men of honor” with Cuba Gooding jr. ” If you work hard and just look down, life will pass you by”
- 😍😜Very Sexy and Tight Tummy. Hope Ur Hubby knows how Lucky he is 😎
- my all time most quoted line is from movie the Matrix “there is no spoon” I said this to my wife today while we dined at sushi restaurant… ☺️
- He is lucky man keep being you thank you for all you do love your fun energy
- Yummy tummy 😊👍
- My friend and I say “Hot! Too hot!” in a Dark Helmet voice (from Spaceballs) when we eat a fry directly after leaving the drive thru window.
- Hot 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥
- ” Either get busy living, or get busy dying”, (Red).. The Shawshank Redemption…
- Our Supergirl🤣
- He said “It all in your head,” and I said “So’s everything..” but he didn’t get it.. (Paper Bag – Fiona Apple)
- Chevy Chase (semi-sarcastically): No, not as far as you know anyway.
- Was für ein Traumbody 💚 😍 💋
- I love the smell of virgin concrete in the morning. Smells like victory! Used that one this morning!
- Lov the undies
- You’re killing me Smalls
- My partner and I often do the Larry David stare at each other. If you’ve never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm it makes no sense.
Here’s what my brain, my body, and I came up with:
ME: If you work hard and just look down, life will pass you by.
MISTY’S BRAIN: (sarcastically) You’re one gorgeous intelligent young lady.
ME: It’s all in your head.
MISTY’S BRAIN: So’s everything.
ME: Anyway. Love the undies, body!
MISTY’S BRAIN: Hot! Too hot! (sarcastically)
MISTY’S BODY: I love the smell of virgin concrete in the morning. It smells like victory!
MISTY’S BRAIN: Love the top! Our supergirl! (sniggering)
MISTY’S BODY: No. Not as far as you know anyway. I’m going to have that muffin top.
MISTY’S BRAIN: I’m such a lucky brain. Keep being you, body, and thanks for all you do. Love your dumb energy.
MISTY’S BODY: There’s no spoon!
MISTY’S BRAIN: Stunning!
MISTY’S BODY: Look, brain, either get busy living or get busy dying.
MISTY’S BRAIN: Was für ein Traumbody.
MISTY’S BODY: You’re killing me, Smalls.
MISTY’S BRAIN: Tu es belle. (mocking)
ME: I’m trying to elevate small talk to medium talk. (inspired by Larry David)
MISTY’S BRAIN: Play Misty for me then.
MISTY’S BODY: You, guys, are my pic of the day.
MISTY’S BRAIN: And you have a yummy tummy. (laughing)
ME: I hope you both know how lucky we are to have followers.